Saturday 31 May 2014

Snow!

Passing hills so high there's snow on the tops, the West Highland Way is running alongside us. It would take me months to get fit enough to walk even part of it!

I was thinking about my desire to travel last night when I was tucked up in bed with the dog (only way to stop her doing terrier bounces with 4 pokey feet was to stuff her under the duvet). I love seeing new sights and fanastic scenery, but I'm really not keen on the driving thing. I get scared by the speed on the motorway, but going through big  towns would be worse. Maybe that's why I move house so much? I'd love to spend 6 months in a camper up here.

A future trip has to be on the train from Glasgow to Mallaig (look it up, fantastic!), then a boat over to Knoydart, which has no road access to the rest of the world.

Stopped for a doggy wee break at Glencoe, soo busy! We went in the opposite direction to everyone else (no surprise there then) and found amazing wild flowers and little waterfalls. Milkwort and deergrass I recognised, but have to look the others up. Florence was really excited at seeing new plants and now wants to move! Everyone we've met has been lovely and friendly, which helps.

We landed just outside Skye this afternoon, put the tent up and scarpered again. The Midge. Ouch. We pootled off to Plockton, where Hamish Macbeth was filmed all those years ago. I loved that programme!

Wonder if I'll get the doggy hot water bottle again tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment